Anja started truly delving into her overall wellness practice while she was attending Queen’s University where she received her Bachelor of Honors in Sociology. She became more conscious of the food she was consuming, and the things she was allowing her body to be in contact with. Noticing an overall energetic shift throughout this journey, Anja became curious about the science behind living a fulfilling, nutritious and purposeful life; one that takes a person from a state of simple survival, to a state of optimal thrival. Anja is an April 2016 Toronto campus graduate from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition practicing in Toronto, ON.
Anja started Anamaya Wellness where she sees clients for one-on-one consultations and personal protocols, as well as energetic and spiritual work through the art of yoga, breath-work, meditation and movement. She is a Registered 200-Hour Yoga Teacher 85-Hour Pre-Natal Yoga Teacher in affiliation with The Yoga Alliance and has used the practice of yoga, breath-work and meditation to heal the afflictions of her mind, to alleviate symptoms of her anxiety and depression, to cultivate and harness her fiercest creative potential, to awaken and calm her senses and to find stillness and silence in the midst of adversity and stress.
The discipline rooted in the practice of yoga, has taught Anja how to master the art of her breath and therefore the art of her emotions. Her intention is to guide clients to live more intuition-driven, purposeful and fulfilling lives by incorporating practices of self-Love such as yoga, meditation and eating nutrient-dense whole foods into their day-to-day lives. Anja hopes to show every one of her clients and students that they have been given and are blessed with all of the raw materials to HEAL themselves through sacred acts of self-Love, self-exploration and self-awareness.
- Yoga teacher at Imprint Pilates
- Coordinated and facilitated corporate wellness initiatives for Bespoke Marketing INC
- Coordinated and facilitated wellness/nutrition workshops and yoga classes at a global co-working space, Mokrin House
- Hosted pre-natal yoga workshops out of Samsara Yoga Studio in London, England
- Hosted community yoga classes at The Attic above Lululemon on Queen St W
- Hosted community movement workshops for Free People, Sherway Gardens location
- BAH in Sociology from Queens University
- CNP from Institute of Holistic Nutrition
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification in affiliation with the Yoga Alliance
- 85 Hour Pre-Natal Yoga Teacher Training certification in affiliation with the Yoga Alliance
- Certified Level 1 Reiki Practitioner